Friday, October 1, 2010

Thank you

I just wanted to thank some people who are helping make my life easier when planning this. So far I think this is my list of volunteers: Steve, Julie, Z, Deb, Ronnie, and hopefully a couple more and I really appreciate their willingness to give up time and sleep to help. A great person named Corey, Cornbread to most, helped me out by paying it forward on some logistical stuff. Cornbread organized Gravel World Championships and won Dirty Kanza by almost an hour. He is a bad mother on a bike and a good dude. Also this is a great example of the community of Midwestern gravel riders and organizers; I believe Cornbread got this from someone else if it looks familiar. Steve and Cody from Thirtieth Century Bicycles just got done hosting their Gritty Brevet 100 miler, and have been really nice about answering questions and giving me advice.

I have got to thank Scheels All Sports for giving us $100 in gift cards. Some of the money will cover a few basic needs, but as much as possible will get distributed to riders. Scheels is making a big push to be involved with the cycling community. They even sponsor a cyclocross series in Des Moines.


1 comment:

  1. We are excited to be getting more and more involved with the local cycle community. We love seeing the passion in all of the bikers out there!

    Matt L.
    scheels.com

    ReplyDelete