Monday, October 11, 2010

Some details

Ok so I am going to try and cover basically all aspects of Night Nonsense, besides the riding, in the next few days. This will keep everyone informed and serve as a great way for me to keep track of everything.

Where are people going to stay?

Be aware that if you wanted to try and get a hotel, but haven't yet, you aren't going to get one. It is the Iowa v. Wisconsin game on Saturday so hotels are pretty much full. The game won't affect the race at all, just more traffic during the day. That being said, there is some space on the floor in my house, and lots of room to camp in my yard. The finish line will be at my house, therefore, the food and drinks will be at my house. I may even just eat, drink, and pass out on the lawn. If you have a tent out there it will be perfect. I have one shower as well that can be used as needed. I am hoping to have access to another one.

There is a lot of parking right at my house. Probably enough for 15-20 cars, and other parking very close. The race will start across town so people can drive straight there, or I will be riding across town from my house to the start, leaving at 6:30pm. So if you want to come early, set up, relax, and then ride to the start; that can happen. I'll post up the address for the start in the next couple days.

I just got a package from QBP filled with all types of Salsa, Surly, and other goodies. I am really excited about this package. QBP somewhat tailors the package to the type of event you are having. Connecticut Yankee Pedaller in Chariton, my hometown, got me the package from Quality. Big thanks to Dave and Connie for far more than just this.

No comments:

Post a Comment